Wednesday, December 27, 2006

June thru Dec 2006 Bushisms

"This business about graceful exit just simply has no realism to it at all."-responding to speculation that American forces could be called back from Iraq, Amman, Jordan, Nov. 30, 2006

"No doubt in my mind, with your help, Dave Lamberti will be the next United States congressman."-speaking at a campaign rally for Jeff Lamberti, Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006.

"You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war President. No President wants to be a war President, but I am one."-Des Moines, Iowa, Oct. 26, 2006

"This morning my administration released the budget numbers for fiscal 2006. These budget numbers are not just estimates; these are the actual results for the fiscal year that ended February the 30th."-referring to the fiscal year that ended on Sept. 30, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006.


"One has a stronger hand when there's more people playing your same cards."-Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2006

"You're one of the outstanding leaders in a very important part of the world. I want to thank you for strategizing our discussions."-Meeting with the prime minister of Malaysia, New York, Sept. 18, 2006

"The goals of this country is to enhance prosperity and peace."-Speaking at the White House Conference on Global Literacy, New York, Sept. 18, 2006
.

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror."-Interview with CBS News, Washington D.C., Sept. 6, 2006


"And I suspect that what you'll see, Toby, is there will be a momentum, momentum will be gathered. Houses will begat jobs, jobs will begat houses." -Speaking with reporters along the Gulf Coast, Gulfport, Miss., Aug. 28, 2006

"And the question is, are we going to be facile enough to change with-will we be nimble enough; will we be able to deal with the circumstances on the ground? And the answer is, yes, we will."-Washington, D.C., July 25, 2006


"One thing is clear, is relations between America and Russia are good, and they're important that they be good."-Strelna, Russia, July 15, 2006

"We shouldn't fear a world that is more interacted."-Washington, D.C., June 27, 2006.

"I've reminded the prime minister-the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship."-Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006

"I tell people, let's don't fear the future, let's shape it."-Omaha, Neb., June 7, 2006

.
"I think-tide turning-see, as I remember-I was raised in the desert, but tides kind of-it's easy to see a tide turn-did I say those words?"-Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

President Bush: Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?
Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: I can take them off.
Bush: I'm interested in the shade look, seriously.
Wallsten: All right, I'll keep it, then.
Bush: For the viewers, there's no sun.
Wallsten: I guess it depends on your perspective.
Bush: Touché.
-Exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006

1 comment:

John Good said...

You know what *I* want to know. . .where has W's twin been hidden all of these years? I mean, he HAS to be a twin, because one person can't possibly be THAT damned STUPID!!!