Saturday, September 16, 2006

Does Kean Have Personal Grudge Against Clinton?*Update*

Fri Sep 08, 2006 at 07:12:36 AM PDT

Oh My... I think this explains something....


Asked if he had apologized to Clinton for inaccuracies in the movie, Kean quipped, "No, he was out campaigning against my son yesterday, so I didn't reach out to him at all!"


Kean's son is a GOP Senate candidate in New Jersey.








When I was surfing this morning, I saw Kean on CBS with the Roberts lady. Only caught a bit of it, but he seemed very non-plussed by the whole thing. Strange I thought.


Former New Jersey Gov. Thomas Kean, the former head of the 9/11 commission and a paid consultant on the ABC miniseries, told the Daily News yesterday that some controversial scenes in "The Path to 9/11" were being removed or changed.


"ABC is telling me that the final version I'll be pleased with," said Kean, softening his own previous defense of the movie.


I just wanted to get this out there. I will add more...



***Update***


In the car, EJ Dionne, on the Diane Rehm Show, also referenced the fact that Kean Jr was running in a hot race when talking about TPT9/11 & Kean Sr.
Maybe there is something to this?

I'm at a friends computer, and Dkos keeps on crashing.
I found this by googling Kean & Clinton & hitting "do you feel lucky". It is from Newsmax- if someone else could post the link I'd appreciate it.


Sunday, April 4, 2004 12:29 p.m. EDT

Kean: Clinton Blew Best Chance to Get bin Laden



The chairman of the independent commission probing the 9/11 attacks said Sunday that the U.S. probably missed its best chance to take Osama bin Laden out during the Clinton administration, when the notorious terrorist left Sudan for Afghanistan in 1996.



"If we had acted earlier on al-Qaida when al-Qaida was smaller and just getting started, even before bin Laden went to Afghanistan, there were times we could have gotten him," former New Jersey Gov. Thomas Kean told NBC's "Meet the Press."



"There's no question that had we gotten [bin Laden] and his leadership at that point, the whole story might have been different," he added.



And from Times Select (still can't do link, Dkos crashes)


THE PRESIDENT'S ACQUITTAL: THE PUBLIC;
In a G.O.P. Town, as in the Rest of the U.S., a Sense of Relief
By JENNIFER PRESTON and JOSEPH BERGER


Affluent, generally Republican town of Madison, New Jersey, reacts to Senate's acquittal of Pres Clinton in impeachment trial; photos; many people, even those reviling Clinton, express contempt for partisan way Congress handled issue; former Gov Thomas Kean, now president of Drew University, fears Republicans could lose state Assembly; says party made big mistake arguing with 'sensible' opinions of American people

February 13, 1999 U.S. News



My bolding.

No comments: