Sunday, December 03, 2006

I can't afford this Congress. I want my money back. NOW.

I can't afford this Congress. I want my money back.

This is what my tax dollars pay for...

Bloomberg


Republicans Postponing Budget Work Until 2007, Democrats Say

By Brian Faler
Nov. 20 (Bloomberg) -- Republican congressional leaders have put off their remaining budget work until next year, dumping almost a half-trillion dollars of spending bills on the incoming Democratic majority, a spokesman for Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid said.



Such a move would leave the new Democratic majority with the responsibility to pass the nine remaining spending bills, totaling almost $500 billion for government programs ranging from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to the national parks.



Do Nothing Congress


"They call it the Tuesday to Thursday Club," said Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Tenn. "That
means you get here Tuesday night, you have a few easy votes, you vote on
Wednesday and then you go back home Thursday afternoon. And that, believe it or
not, is considered a work week in Washington."

I got news for these guys. I'm a member of the "Sunday Thru Monday Club"
and I expect alot more from my employees.

This is not a personal thing. I've been poor before, and I'm (hoping) I'll be comfortable again.
But on the day that I semi-joke about having instant rice and ketchup for dinner....
well, they f##ked up.


Congress: Rank-and-File Members' Salary
The current salary for rank-and-file
members of the House and Senate is $165,200 per year.


I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!

Something that has not been reported on at all is THIS part....


``No concrete decisions have been made yet,'' said Kevin Madden, a spokesman
for House Majority Leader John Boehner, an Ohio Republican. The House has
approved all but one of its spending bills and has been waiting on the Senate.

I hereby pledge to call my congresscritter EVERY day this week, twice if I feel like it and harass him about this.

Chocola is on his way out, but I will promise to haunt the op-ed pages now and again if he decides to run for f$$king dogcatcher.
Lugar is getting calls three times a day now because this is CHILDISH, UNPROFFESIONAL and WRONG.

Other than caring for peoples lives, I can think of no other job that is more important to the welfare of the American public.


They do their f$$king jobs, or I want my money back!!!!

No comments: