Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Peter Boyle Dead at 71





My most vivid memory of Mr Boyle was from the movie "Joe". I really don't know what it was about (I never saw it), but as a child something about it disturbed me.
Too bad I could never afford therapy, I'm sure there's alot in there I'm missing.

Some of his credits.


Taxi Driver (1976) .... Wizard
Young Frankenstein (1974) .... The Monster
Crazy Joe (1974) .... Joe
The Man Who Could Talk to Kids (1973) (TV) .... Charlie Datweiler
Kid Blue (1973) .... Preacher Bob
The Friends of Eddie Coyle (1973) .... Dillon
Slither (1973) .... Barry Fenaka
Steelyard Blues (1973) .... Eagle Thornberry
... aka The Final Crash (USA: TV title)
Ghost in the Noonday Sun (1973) .... Ras Mohammed
... aka Ghost in the Noonday Sun (USA)
The Candidate (1972) .... Lucas
T.R. Baskin (1971) .... Jack Mitchell
... aka A Date with a Lonely Girl (UK)
Diary of a Mad Housewife (1970) (uncredited) .... Man in Group Therapy Session
Joe (1970) .... Joe Curran
"Comedy Tonight" (1970) TV Series .... Regular


The Monitors (1969) .... Production Manager
Medium Cool (1969) .... Gun Clinic Manager
The Virgin President (1968) .... Gen. Heath
The Group (1966) (uncredited)


AP-

NEW YORK (AP) -- Peter Boyle, the actor known for playing everything from a tap-dancing monster in "Young Frankenstein" to the curmudgeonly father in the long-running TV sitcom "Everybody Loves Raymond," has died. He was 71.

Boyle died Tuesday evening at New York Presbyterian Hospital. He had been suffering from multiple myeloma and heart disease, said his publicist, Jennifer Plante.


Our mother died from complications of multiple myeloma also.

1 comment:

Stan Matuska said...

He will be missed. My wife and I watch a lot of Everybody Loves Raymond.