Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hilarious New Ad Gay-Baits RNC Ken Mehlman

From October 31st, 2006

Honestly, I'm the wrong person to comment on this, I feel both ways...
that it's mean-spirited to semi-out Mehlman AND it's f'ng *hilarious!!


Raw Story
Published: Tuesday October 31, 2006

A new ad, set to debut at 3:30 today will parody an ad accused of race-baiting Tennessee Democrat Harold Ford by gay-baiting Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman. An advanced copy of the ad has been acquired by RAW STORY, and is viewable below.

The ad, produced by Proud of Who We Are and BlogActive, is a parody mocking the the RNC's now-infamous "call me" ad. That spot, which the RNC eventually pulled this month, showed a scantily clad white actress saying she met Ford at "the Playboy party." It ended with her asking the congressman to call her. Many analysts believe it was produced to play on racist fears of interracial relationships.





The parody ad script:

Young man: "Ken Mehlman makes race-baiting ads. Yet he still wants my vote.
Isn't that enough?"

Woman on street: "Ken Mehlman did favors for convicted lobbyist Jack Abramoff? (Laughs) So what? Me? I think government's a little TOO honest."

Young man wearing camouflage: "I don't mind risking my life in Iraq.
As long as the Bush twins get to party in New York."

Minister holding Bible: "Ken Mehlman's right. I SHOULD get my congregation to vote with him, and just forget that his friends covered up the Foley page scandal."

Young man in tank top: "Ken Mehlman and I went to an inauguration event.
We had a great time! And, we saw President Bush."

Young woman: "I don't mind having my pocket picked by the big drug companies.
They give money to Ken Mehlman."

Man in sunglasses: "Ken Mehlman helped George Bush steal the 2004 election.
But uh, what the heck? Doesn't everybody do that?"

Title screen: Ken Mehlman. He's just not straight with Americans.

Voiceover: "BlogActive.com and Proud of Who We Are heartily approve of this parody ad."

Young man in tank top again: "Ken - call me!"

No comments: