Monday, January 01, 2007

Government by Inclusion

I'm not usually into retrospection, but in moving stuff around the house today, getting ready for my housemates' knee replacement surgery tomorrow, I started thinking about "inclusion" i.e. just making sure he could continue to be a part of the home, part of his life.

Inclusion is the way I've always thought about how religion in the United States of America should be.... everyone welcomed, none pushed away.

But maybe I've been selling inclusion short.

The opposite of inclusion is...

To seclude...

se·clude /sɪˈklud/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[si-klood] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used with object), -clud·ed, -clud·ing. 1. to place in or withdraw into solitude; remove from social contact and activity, etc.
2. to isolate; shut off; keep apart: They secluded the garden from the rest of the property.


I look forward this Thursday to be included in how my government works. Smiling my butt off over the fact that I in Indiana, can watch Joe Donnelly swear in front of Men and Country to uphold these truths....

Because I have a television, I can see this. Because I have a computer I can discuss it.

I am hopeful

We are past the days of secluded men in secluded offices deciding our lives. Tearing open the veil, poking our oh so ready heads thru, we are part of the cogs now.

We are an integral component of the machine.

Welcome to the beginnings of our government........

1 comment:

John Good said...

Paddy - Did you get my e-mail re your template?